Warning: Spoilers ahead for season two of This Is Us.
After the heart-wrenching reveal of Jack Pearson’s anticipated death in last week’s episode of This Is Us, viewers learn that a Crock-Pot—err, slow cooker ignited the fire that consumed the Pearson’s house, ultimately leading to Jack’s fatal heart attack. What happened next, you would never expect.
Fans took to social media in anguish and shock that Crock-Pot could ever be the culprit of such tragedy. Could it be? Nope.
Due to an overwhelming amount of concern Crock-Pot was receiving from This Is Us fans, Crock-Pot had to address their role in the fictional storyline. In a hilarious, but totally serious statement, Crock-Pot responded:
Crock-Pot understands the concerns brought up by last night’s episode of This Is Us, and we too are heartbroken by the latest development in Jack’s storyline. However, it is important that our consumers understand and have confidence that all Crock-Pot slow cookers exceed all internal testing protocols and all applicable industry safety standards and regulations as verified by independent third-party testing labs. For nearly 50 years, with over 100 million Crock-Pots sold, we have never received any consumer complaints similar to the fictional events portrayed in last night’s episode. In fact, the safety and design of our product renders this type of event nearly impossible.
In the same statement, Crock-Pot asked NBC’s This Is Us to take some responsibility to inform the public regarding the product’s safety.
This Is Us delivered a brilliant response across all of its social platforms featuring Milo Ventimiglia seemingly making amends with Crock-Pot. See the video below: