Geile/Leon is seeking a Bookkeeper/Business Manager to join their team. If you’re enthusiastic, fun, energetic and love to work in a team-oriented, high energy, client-focused environment, this might be for you.
Yes, it’s pronounced Guyel-Leeon. But, we aren’t French. We’re Midwestern. We’re a lean pack of professionals. We aren’t about talk. We’re all about results. We work hard to make sure everything we do means something. Every project, every interaction and every relationship. We’re a close-knit agency that resembles a family more than business. We like to do great work and have fun doing it. And our clients feed off that energy – and appreciate it, too!
Why Choose us
- Flexible schedule. We work from home on Wednesdays.
- The safety of our employees is at the heart of everything we do. We are heavily invested in measures aimed at keeping employees healthy during COVID-19.
- We’re fun and we like hanging out together (when we can). Our yearly Fun Calendar has everything from potlucks to parties. Every month there’s something to look forward to. And we enjoy our summer Fun Fridays where we leave the office early and enjoy all things St. Louis.
- Our culture is amazing. You’ll love working here as we treat everyone with respect. 83% of our employees have been here 5 years or more!
- We enjoy a great work/life balance. We understand that there’s a time to work and a time to take some time off and enjoy life.
- Our benefits are awesome. Here are just a few:
- PTO days that increase the longer you’re here & you get your birthday off
- Medical/dental/401k and more
- Tuition reimbursement opportunities
Who We’re Looking For?
We’re looking for someone that will roll up their sleeves and make things happen. Our Business Manager will take on ownership and management of all aspects of the accounting function at the agency. They will work with agency leadership to help guide the financial health and performance of the business, providing reports, insights, and perspectives to aid in decision-making. In addition, they will help administer HR functions related to onboarding, documentation, timesheet oversight and PTO tracking. We’re looking for an experienced accounting and financial professional who enjoys working in a close-knit environment, solving problems, contributing to the success of a business, and having a little fun along the way!
A Couple Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance and/or Business Administration or equivalent degree.
- Agency experience is a plus
- Management and execution of all accounting functions- AR/AP, invoicing, payments, reconciliations, month-end, year-end, etc.
- Records all entries and generates monthly financial reports through agency financial software Workamajig.
- Administers payroll in third party system
- Administers 401(k) and makes scheduled deposits
- Issues payment for vendor/supplier invoices, company credit cards, etc.
- Maintains all digital and hard copy agency accounting files.
- Generates and issues invoices to clients.
- Provides partners with financial information when required.
- Makes bank deposits and reconciles bank statements.
- Processes estimated tax payments and tax filings as needed.
- Works closely with accounting firm on year-end and other tax-related matters.
- Produces monthly summary reports of aged accounts receivable and contacts clients’ accounts payable when overdue.
- Issues, manages, and reconciles company credit cards.
- Reviews and authorizes all capital asset purchases.
- Maintains employee records including PTO tracking and other information affecting wages, deductions, vacations, etc.
- Assist with onboarding new employees, ensuring proper documentation is administered.
- Maintains benefits programs and provides employees with necessary claim forms and assistance when needed.
- Work with partners annually to update Employee Handbook.
Full-time, possibly 3-4 days/week
Commensurate to experience level and number of days worked
How to Apply
Please email your resume to Tim Leon, President, [email protected]